In today’s day and age, the internet has become a place where everyone from across the world can meet and come together. You no longer have the restraints of being in your neighborhood to reach out to the people around you. With the internet you can reach out to people all over the world. This reason alone is why it is important for Rodman to share its experiences and ministries through consistent blogging. With the unlimited reach we have on the internet, we can touch people from all over the world and get people to be more interested in learning about God and we are doing at Rodman.
What Rodman Can About…
Now you may be thinking …. “yea blogging seems great but what can Rodman blog about?” Glad you asked! With all the ministries and all the things we do at Rodman we have an endless amount of things we can blog about. A couple examples:
- When we volunteer for something we can have pictures of us actually doing it, and we can share how the experience affected you.
- For the music ministry, we could have a list of our favorite songs the choir sings and how it made you feel.
- You can also share your testimony and explain how God got you through a difficult situation.
There are really many things we can blog about. Something that can help you with that is to try and be as transparent as possible. Think about the people that can be reading your particular blog post and how it can help them. And remember to never think what you’re writing is insignificant because whatever it is, it can be exactly what someone needs to see.
How To Structure Your Blog Post
Now that you have an understanding on why we should blog and what we can blog about, it is time to get a little technical so the blog post we write are the best they can be.
- The blog post you write must have a good title that will get people’s attention and get them interested in what you’re going to be talking about. Try to structure your titles with how to, a list (5 Ways To ….), or a question. Also try to make the title 6-7 words long. For some ideas click here!
- In the beginning of your blog post, your introduction must be good enough to keep your readers intrigued and wanting to know more. Those first 100 words should be the most important information.
- Make sure to include high quality photos in your blog post. This is why it is critical to always take pictures whenever you at a church function or doing whatever your ministry is. Try to give it a behind the scenes type feel. Having good meaningful pictures is going to take your blog post to the next level and keep readers interested.
- What’s even better than pictures is having a video! In today’s digital age, you can’t get any more transparent than having a video. A video on your blog post will definitely make it stand out and more interesting. And just like the pictures, try to show things people wouldn’t normally see. The more transparent the better. If you can’t get a video, don’t stress yourself out just make sure to have those high quality pictures.
- When it comes down to the actual words you write, try not to go over 1500 words. In today’s world, most people’s attention spans can’t go through all 1500 words unless it’s really engaging. If you where to go over 1500 words, don’t stress about it, just try to add pictures/video every other paragraph so it’s balanced. At minimum try to get 500 words in a blog post. Once again, do not stress out over it, some blog post may not need that many words. Just try to make the blog post as engaging and as interesting as possible so that the reader can gain value from your post.
- Last but not least, try to come up with a creative CTA (Call To Action). This means whenever your reader is done reading your blog, encourage them to do something or take action. Tell the reader to view the sermons we have on the website, or to come to a Word Up Wednesday or to even come to a church service. Remember it is our job as christians to spread the Word and to help people get closer to God.
If you do all these things, your blog post will definitely get a lot of attention and attract more people to hear about Rodman. But out of all the things mentioned in this post, there is one thing that is really going to take it to the next level, and that is being consistent. Without consistency this will not work. We have to continually push out new content so that we can attract as many people as we can.
So What Should We Do Next?
The best thing you can do now is get started! Send your ideas you have for a potential blog post to <emailhere> and we can draft up a post together so that you can have a good understanding on how to do it.
If you want a more in depth explanation on blogging and you have 20 minutes to spare, I suggest you check out this cool video below. Enjoy and thank you!